Sunday, September 09, 2007

Humphreys and Horseshoes (Sep 2007)

Another weekend opportunity arose for me to get up and go to Flagstaff alone, where I climbed Arizona's tallest peak--Mt Humphreys in the afternoon. It tops out above 12,600', and is a 10 mile round-trip hike. After returning to the truck, I drove to the forest outside the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to sleep. The next morning I got up early and dayhiked down the Grandview Trail to Horseshoe Mesa. I walked around the mesa before returning to the rim, and then drove home that night. On the way home I stopped off at another Horseshoe--Horseshoe Bend near Page.





From near the summit of 12,600'.












Horseshoe Bend below Glen Canyon Dam on the Colorado River. I stopped off to see this spot near Page, AZ on the way home.












View of Grand Canyon from Lipan Point.












A shot of smoke across the canyon from Horseshoe Mesa as I was hiking down. Horseshoe Mesa is on the left middle side of the picture, and sits just above the river.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I love your pictures! Can you be my personal photographer? We miss you guys, but we've been trying to keep tabs by checking on your blog. Love ya! -Libby

 
!-- Site Meter XHTML Strict 1.0 -->